The Manufacturing Engineer holds a key leadership position within the AusculSciences team. The successful candidate will spearhead our efforts to establish a high-quality, highly-reliable supply chain, from vendor selection to manufacturing and test to shipping to warranty services, utilizing 3rd parties as necessary. The Manufacturing Engineer will be the first person hired into the Operations team, and thus will be able to greatly influence our processes and systems. This position reports to the Director, Manufacturing & Operations.
• Initiate and monitor AusculSciences’ manufacturing-related processes and systems.
• Assist in the selection of a Contract Manufacturer (CM), and act as the key technical interface between the CM and AusculSciences.
• Support AusculSciences’ R&D team in ensuring designs can be successfully transferred to the CM for high-quality manufacturing.
• Coordination of packaging design, as well as the development of inventory procedures, and shipping and reverse logistics processes.
• Participate in cross-functional activities to resolve and prevent manufacturing quality and reliability issues.
• Play a key role in the ECO process, ensuring changes are updated in the ERP system as necessary.
• Keep current with industry improvements and innovations, including manufacturing processes/technologies, standard, and specifications.
• Adhere to and assist in enhancing and monitoring AusculSciences’ ISO 13485:2016-certified Quality Management System.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an electronics manufacturing environment.
• Degree in Electrical Engineering or Diploma in Electronics.
• Sound knowledge of standards applied to the manufacture of electronic equipment and assemblies, including CE/FCC, REACH, RoHS, IPC, safety compliance markings, and Conflict Mineral reporting.
• Sound knowledge of DFT and DFM, PCB and CCA manufacturing processes, and root-cause analyses; experience in bi-directional communication between a CM and a design organization.
• Proven ability to interpret schematics, layouts, and mechanical drawings.
• Ability to understand a wide range of electronic and mechanical specifications to ensure optimal selection of test & debug methods.
• Well-developed interpersonal/influencing skills for dealing with supply chain members and contract manufacturers.
• Experience with ERP systems, documentation control principles, and coordination of warranty repairs.
• PWB and solder connection inspection experience.
• Experience with statistical process control, Kaizen, Six Sigma, and other manufacturing optimization methods.
• Experience in ISO-certified and/or regulated environments (e.g. aerospace, medical, or automotive).
• Ability to use PCB and mechanical design tools (e.g. PADS, P-CAD & Gerber/ODB++ Viewers)
What’s in it for you?
• An opportunity to helping improve the health and well-being of people with cardiovascular conditions.
• The ability to make a difference within a close-knit but growing company.
• A competitive salary
• Comprehensive health, dental, paramedical, and death/disability benefits
• Generous vacation allotment
• Excellent work-life balance
• Opportunities for training
• A workplace within the heart of Kanata North, with easy walking access to a number of restaurants, shops, and the extensive Beaver Pond Trail network
If you have the experience we are looking for, please forward your resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. AusculSciences will provide reasonable accommodation to persons with disabilities to allow you to participate in the recruitment process, upon request.