SENIOR SOFTWARE TESTER
Interested in helping improve the health and well-being of people with cardiovascular conditions? Have an entrepreneurial spirit, willing to pitch in and help in any way you can? Want to make a difference within a close-knit but growing company? Thrive on taking ownership of issues and collaboratively driving them to ground? Excited by working with cutting-edge technology? If these attributes describe you, you might be a great fit for our team.
As a Senior Software Tester on our team, you will play an important role in ensuring quality solutions are delivered to our customers. The role consists of managing testing activities to certify that the custom software will perform per the specifications. The tester will work closely with the projects team to structure a test strategy that supports our deliveries.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Implementation of test plans and the creation of test scenarios;
- Perform functional, exploratory and regression testing;
- Participate in defining end-to-end integration test cases;
- Debug issues and conduct non-systematic testing to identify root cause of issues;
- Report defects and issues that occurred during the test process;
- Use a Defect Tracking System (Jira) to track and report problems with the software;
- Attend daily stand-ups to report on testing progress and identify any impediments;
- Prioritize and implement multiple activities in parallel;
- Provide support to other functional groups including marketing, regulatory affairs, quality assurance, and production.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline is required;
- Minimum of 5 years of Software Verification experience;
- Knowledge of Software Testing methodologies, tools and processes;
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum environments;
- Experience developing and executing performance test plans;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Well organized, result oriented, self-motivated, collaborative;
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as the ability to take initiative and work independently;
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks and troubleshoot problems and issues;
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
Considered an ASSET:
- Experience with Software Testing Framework like Selenium;
- Take ownership of the quality of the projects within your team, reproduce customer issues and perform root cause analysis for test escapes
- Preferred experience working with JIRA and Confluence;
- Fair knowledge of UI/web test automation;
- Experience with both Windows and Linux environments.
- Experience working in the HealthCare Industry would be a plus.
What’s in it for you?
- An opportunity to help improve the health and well-being of people with cardiovascular conditions;
- The ability to make a difference within a close-knit but growing company;
- A competitive salary;
- Comprehensive health, dental, paramedical, and death/disability benefits;
- Excellent work-life balance;
- Opportunities for training;
- A team lunch on Fridays;
- A workplace within the heart of Kanata North, with easy walking access to several restaurants, shops, and the extensive Beaver Pond Trail network.
If you have the experience we are looking for, please forward your resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. AusculSciences will provide reasonable accommodation to persons with disabilities to allow you to participate in the recruitment process, upon request.