The Administrative Assistant undertakes a wide variety of activities in supporting the AusculSciences team. The candidate will assist the finance, operations, and marketing groups, while simultaneously performing the duties traditionally assigned to such a role. The Administrative Assistant must have excellent time-management skills, and the ability to triage tasks to ensure that the highest priority items are tackled first. The position reports to the Manager, HR and Finance.
- Undertake basic bookkeeping tasks, including maintaining related files and records.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly-scheduled accounting reports.
- Develop and maintain a filing system for accounting records.
- Provide procurement services for office and R&D supplies, including supplier validation, order submission, delivery tracking, and receiving.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail and shipments, and prepare outgoing mail and shipments.
- Greet callers and visitors to the office, redirecting them to the appropriate AusculSciences personnel.
- Assist management in booking flights, hotels, conferences, and events, and in preparing expense reports.
- Other general administrative activities as required.
- Adhere to AusculSciences’ ISO 13485:2016-compliant Quality Management System.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an administrative role, preferably in a small, early-stage company.
- Familiarity with basic accounting and bookkeeping principles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills, with an exceptional attention-to-detail.
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
- Experience with QuickBooks is a major plus.
- Fluently bilingual (French & English) is a plus.
What’s in it for you?
- An opportunity to helping improve the health and well-being of people with cardiovascular conditions.
- The ability to make a difference within a close-knit but growing company.
- A competitive salary
- Comprehensive health, dental, paramedical, and death/disability benefits
- Generous vacation allotment
- Excellent work-life balance
- Opportunities for training
- A team lunch and quiz on Fridays
- A workplace within the heart of Kanata North, with easy walking access to a number of restaurants, shops, and the extensive Beaver Pond Trail network
If you have the experience we are looking for, please forward your resume, and cover letter to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. AusculSciences will provide reasonable accommodation to persons with disabilities to allow you to participate in the recruitment process, upon request.